Saturday, September 10, 2011

Tribute to Shannon

I just wanted to have somewhere to vent. Today would have been my friend Shannon's 25th birthday. I cannot believe that it has been 8 years since the accident. It still feels like yesterday when everything happened. Shannon was one of my newest friends that I had made through my best friend, Katie. We had all gotten really close before everything happened. She was such an awesome, sweet girl. I can remember her always eating marshmellows... for some reason it feels like she always had a bag of marshmellows and that just really sticks out in my mind. Every year I still think about her, and I wish she were here. Not only because I think we would still be great friends, but because her sister Brooke is my very BEST friend in the world. Everything just makes me ache for Brooke and her family. I love them so dearly and hate that this hurt and pain is a never ending pain for them. Anyway, I'm sorry to vent like this on this Saturday morning, but Shannon's birthday was just weighing heavily on my mind. I hope to get out to the grave  yard today before I have to work and see her... I think I'm going to take her a bag of marshmellows!

Al will be watching football all day, I will be watching what I can, but I have to do some laundry and homework. I plan to take Destin to the triplets soccer game with me for a little bit before work. Then, off to work I go for the night. Can't wait for tomorrow. Sunday's are the best days for us! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Love you Jenna! I love to think back to all of the great memories we had together with Shannon. I know we would all be close today. I'm glad we have the memories we do as a great way to remember her. Thanks for always thinking if her. It means a lot!

    ReplyDelete