Sunday, September 4, 2011

Learning how to blog

I decided to create a blog for all of our family and friends, especially the ones that we moved away from. I find myself always reading all of my friends blogs, and that really helps me keep up with what's going on in their busy lives. So, I thought, why not create one for us? Anyways, I hope that this first blog works because I am not the least bit computer savy unless I'm on Facebook!

I'll start out by updating on the most important person that everyone wants to know about, Destin. He turned one last week! Wow, how time flies! I really cannot even comprehend how fast this past year flew by or even how wonderful all of our blessings have been. Destin had two birthday parties. We wanted to have one in Cleveland where all of our family and friends could share his day with us there and have one in Manchester, too. Needless to say, that defintely wore Al and me out! It was worth it for him, though. I was such a little hoot with his birthday cakes at both parties! He was a champ through both of them because they both ran into his sacred nap times. He got so many gifts! He is now officially rotten. Al and I got him a football bean bag that he loves to climb on. (We have a little monkey on our hands... he climbs on EVERYTHING!) We also got him a build-a-bear that is dressed like a football player and we recorded him a sweet message on it. I figured that is something that he can always keep and say that he got it on his first birthday. My big project for his first birthday was actually his massive scrapbook! Shew, I put so much time and money into that thing! Scrapbooking is expensive! I won't go into how much money I spent on it. LOL. I started the scrapbook off with letters from Al and myself, then his ultrasound pictures, maternatiy, hospital, newborn, and the 3198365467 pictures I took within the first year. Everyone within our families also wrote him some sweet letters and they are what concluded the scrapbook. I would love to be able to do that for him for every year of his life! But, then again, when we have another kid, I'll have to do it for him/her too, and I don't know if I could tackle doing two kids scrapbooks so intensively like that.We will see what I can do, though.

Al is teaching at Robert E. Lee Elementary School in Tullahoma and is the Head Middle School Wrestling coach. Tullahoma has two middle schools and only one team, so my understanding is that their season and program is more like club. I'm not sure, though. I guess I will find out how their system works soon since wrestling season is just around the corner. Al is extremely excited about football season. He has to be at his happiest when he is watching Flordia State football and eating wings on Saturday's! I must admit, it is fun! Speaking of football and Florida State, we are going to the biggest game of the year in two weeks (FSU vs. Oklahoma) We are beyond excited about it! My brother, Cody and Al's brother, Andy are also going with us. It will be a blast.

Lastly, I guess I will give an update on my schedule. I am going to MTSU full time this semester with 15 hours. I go on MWF, and it is exhausting. 10-9 on Monday's makes for a LONG day. I have to do it though. I also work at Boskey's Grill on Willow Brook Golf Course. I absolutley love that job! I work there on Tuesday's, Thursday's, Friday's, and Saturday's. The only other things that I do is I keep my niece, Carter on Tuesday's to help my sister out (she keeps Destin on Wednesday's) and try to spend as much time with Destin as I can get! Oh, and I study a lot, too!

All in all, life is good for us. We have know that we are so extremely blessed beyond words to have our little family. Like I said, I hope this blog works and that I don't look like a total idiot. The next blog will be better. I just thought I should give an update on what we all do for now! I hope that our family and friends keep up with us on here. I'll try to post at least once a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment